NSW Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training Course Certificate
Become a skilled CPR provider and save lives around you!
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation:
This training program covers the skills and knowledge required to perform CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) as per the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
The cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills training helps to manage near-death situations where an individual is not breathing, or heartbeat has stopped due to scenarios like a heart attack or close to drowning experience. CPR is a lifesaving technique that can revive the breathing of the patient until proper medical treatment takes place.
As per, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines CPR training needs to be refreshed annually.
Why Choose Vigil Training College for Your Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Course?
Vigil Training College is a distinctive vocational education organization that trains you to perform exceptionally well at your workplace. We are located in Hunter street Parramatta, a walking distance from Parramatta station. Our trainers provide quality education hands on skills to provide you the confidence to act swiftly during an emergency. Our teaching methodology helps the students understand the course easily and a chance to practice CPR in lab scenario.
Who is this course for?
The course is suitable for workers that may be required to provide CPR in various situations, including community and workplace settings.
Anyone living in NSW with the current first aid certificate wishes to refresh their CPR knowledge. CPR training is useful for anyone specifically doctors, nurses, healthcare providers, police, sheriffs, fire-fighters, lifeguards, teachers, fitness instructors and people acting as first aid officers in their workplaces.
Carrying out CPR is a skill that everyone should learn. Given the increase in the rate of cardiac arrests and the frequency with which they occur. You can save a life by performing CPR during an emergency.
There is no pre-requisite for this course and anyone can enrol CPR training. However, one should have strong communication skills as they are a demand for a cardiopulmonary resuscitation course. You need to be vigilant and should be able to verbally report the situation to the emergency response services and workplace supervisor correctly.
This course consists of both e-learning and in-class training. Students are required to complete e-learning prior to attending in-class practical training.
The e-learning components requires 2-5 hours of online learning and online assessments, that you must complete prior to attending classroom-based training. Upon completion of enrolment, you will receive logins to your “Student Portal”, where you can complete your learning & assessments.
The completion of your online learning and assessments is compulsory. If you do not complete this prior to attending classroom training, you will not be allowed to attend, and refunds may not be granted.
The duration of the classroom-based training is two (2) hours. The classroom-based training will provide you with practical training and you will also be assessed during these sessions through your practical performance.
CPR Refresher Course:
The refresher course only consists of 2 hours of classroom-based practical training and practical assessment. There is no e-learning required for the CPR refresher course. You will be required to bring your current certificate to class.
Your CPR certificate will generally expire after one year from the date of issuance of the certificate. If you hold a current CPR Certificate, which is about to expire, then you can choose the CPR Refresher course.
The completion of this training program will achieve the following competencies:
1. Respond to an emergency:
- Recognise and assess an emergency.
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders, and casualty.
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for first aid response
- Seek assistance from emergency services.
2. Perform CPR Procedures:
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance ARC guidelines.
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty.
- Operate an automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturers’ instructions.
3. Communicate details of the incident:
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services.
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
4. Review the incident.
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required.
Upon completing this training program, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the unit "HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation". Students will generally receive their SOA the next working day, from the completion of the course via email.
Students can access the Student Handbook, Course Flyer and Fee Refund policy through our website prior to enrolment.
Students can then enrol into the course via our website. Once you have successfully enrolled, the process will be as follows:
- Students will receive a booking confirmation via email and logins to their “Student Portal”.
- Students will be required to login to their Student Portal and complete their e-learning and online assessments. Students will be required to complete the e-learning and online assessments, prior to attending the in-class training. The completion of this is mandatory and if students fail to complete this, they will not be allowed to attend in-class training (refunds are not granted). If students require assistance in accessing their account or have any questions about the learning material and assessments, they can call or email our friendly staff. (This step is not relevant for students doing a CPR refresher course)
- Students will then attend in-class practical training, for 2 hours. We will then assess students for CPR procedures skills, through demonstration and questioning to confirm essential knowledge. For assessment purposes, demonstration of skills in CPR procedures requires using a model of the human body (resuscitation manikin), in line with ARC Guidelines.
Once students have successfully completed their in-class training, they will be issued with an SOA, the next business day from the course completion date.
How to Enrol
Submit an expression of interest by contacting us through our website, email or phone. Once received, the process will be as follows:
- You will receive a confirmation of your enrolment via email or a phone call by our staff.
- You will be issued with learning materials for the course (Provide CPR manual and CPR workbook)
- You will be required to complete the pre-study by using the workbook in conjunction with the manual and answer each question in the corresponding section of the workbook.
- The completed workbook then needs to be returned to us prior to the commencement of the course or on the day of your attendance at the practical course components. Completion of the workbook is mandatory. You will not be permitted to attend the classroom training if the workbook is not completed.
- We will then assess you for CPR procedures skills, through demonstration and questioning to confirm essential knowledge in the classroom training. For assessment purposes, demonstration of skills in CPR procedures requires using a model of the human body (resuscitation manikin), in line with Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a cardiopulmonary resuscitation course offer?
A nationally recognised statement of attainment in HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation will be issued to the participants.
What will I learn in a CPR course?
This course will help you with teaching hands skills to perform a CPR at your home, workplace or anywhere else during an emergency. It is a skill that will help you save the lives of individuals around you. You will learn to assess and minimize health hazards before the paramedics arrive.
What are the job prospects after qualification?
Successful completion of this course will enhance your opportunities of working in as a first aid role at any workplace and community setting.
What does a cardiopulmonary resuscitation course offer?
A nationally recognised statement of attainment in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation will be issued to the participants.
What is my future as a CPR provider?
CPR is a lifesaving skill that anyone require to save someone life who may have cardiac arrest. Enrol now and be a reason for someone’s survival.