NSW First Aid Training Course
Polish your skills through first-hand experience as a First Aider
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid:
The first aid course will help you enhance your practical skills. Individuals will learn to perform first aid procedures and learn necessary skills for responding diligently in emergencies.
Why Choose Vigil Training College for Your NSW First Aid Course?
Who should opt for this course?
First Aid course is for anyone interested in learning skills to perform first aid response during medical emergency until the paramedics arrive. If you are a person interested in performing lifesaving duties then this is the perfect course for you.
You can work as a first aid officer at your workplace and provide first aid to your colleagues. The first aid course is a compulsory requirement to perform the duties of first aid officer at you workplace. If you are interested in stepping up as first aid officer then you must complete first aid training and obtain first aid certificate.
The First Aid course is ideal for anyone working in an industry that may respond to an accident or injury and is required to provide first aid, e.g. persons working in hospitality, construction, healthcare, childcare, job sites, offices or security.
It is best practice to renew your First Aid qualification every three years and CPR qualification annually as per Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
You must undertake a course refresher before the expiry of your current first aid certificate to extend its validity. Undertaking this course will extend your first aid certificate and refresh your knowledge.
Anyone willing to perform First Aid duties can enrol in this course. You only need to have foundation skills (language, literacy, and numeracy) that are needed to be a good communicator. Effective communication is essential for reporting and performing efficiently during emergencies. You may a require first aid certificate to provide service in any institution such as a hospital, construction site, healthcare centre, childcare centre, security, hospitality, job sites, or different offices.
This course consists of both e-learning and in-class training. Students are required to complete e-learning prior to attending in-class practical training.
The e-learning components requires 5 – 10 hours of online learning and online assessments, that you must complete prior to attending classroom-based training. Upon completion of enrolment, you will receive logins to your “Student Portal”, where you can complete your learning & assessments.
The completion of your online learning and assessments is compulsory. If you do not complete this prior to attending classroom training, you will not be allowed to attend, and refunds may not be granted.
The duration of the classroom-based training is four (4) hours. The classroom-based training will provide you with practical training and you will also be assessed during these sessions through your practical performance.
The completion of this training program will achieve the following competencies:
1. Respond to an emergency:
- Recognise and assess an emergency.
- Ensure safety for self, bystanders, and casualty.
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for first aid response
- Seek assistance from emergency services.
2. Apply appropriate first aid procedures.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance ARC guidelines.
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles.
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty.
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible.
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible.
- Operate first aid equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Monitor the casualty’s condition and respond in accordance with first aid principles.
3. Communicate details of the incident:
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency services.
- Report details of incident in line with appropriate workplace or site procedures.
- Complete applicable workplace or site documentation, including incident report form.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of information in line with statutory or organisational policies
4. Review the incident.
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers and seek help when required.
- Contribute to a review of the first aid response as required.
Students can access the Student Handbook, Course Flyer and Fee Refund policy through our website prior to enrolment.
Students can then enrol into the course via our website. Once you have successfully enrolled, the process will be as follows:
- Students will receive a booking confirmation via email and logins to their “Student Portal”.
- Students will be required to login to their Student Portal and complete their e-learning and online assessments. Students will be required to complete the e-learning and online assessments, prior to attending the in-class training. The completion of this is mandatory and if students fail to complete this, they will not be allowed to attend in-class training (refunds are not granted). If students require assistance in accessing their account or have any questions about the learning material and assessments, they can call or email our friendly staff.
- Students will then attend in-class practical training, for 4 hours. We will then assess students for CPR skills and First Aid Procedures skills, through demonstration and questioning to confirm essential knowledge. For assessment purposes, demonstration of skills in CPR procedures requires using a model of the human body (resuscitation manikin), in line with ARC Guidelines.
Once students have successfully completed their in-class training, they will be issued with an SOA, the next business day from the course completion date.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a first aid course offer?
Upon completing this course, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the following units:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Why study First Aid?
Studying first aid helps you to act as a dynamic individual during emergencies. You will have the skills and knowledge to act promptly during emergency and perform lifesaving procedure until the paramedics arrive.
What does a first aid course offer?
After the completion of the course you will be given a nationally recognised statement of attainment in HLTAID011 Provide First Aid & HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
What will I learn in a first aid course?
You will be an active member of the first aid community. You will learn to deal with emergencies. You will provide first aid facilities in different workplaces. You will also learn to perform CRP correctly and report risks and incidents effectively.
What are the job prospects after first aid qualification?
You are needed in every institution wherever there is an emergency. No matter if it is a hospital, school, house, or a restaurant. Individuals in crises need a qualified first aider like you to survive!
What is my future as a first aider?
Almost, a million Australians are admitted to hospitals every year. The need for first aiders is increasing day by day. Enrol now and be a reason for someone’s survival.