ACT Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training Course Certificate
Become a skilled CPR provider and save lives around you!
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
The cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills training helps to manage near-death situations where an individual’s breathing or heartbeat has stopped due to scenarios like a heart attack or close to drowning experience. CPR is a lifesaving technique that can revive the breathing of the patient until proper medical treatment takes place.
As per, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines CPR training needs to be refreshed annually.
Why Choose Vigil Training College for Your Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Course?
Vigil Training College is a distinctive vocational education organization that trains you to perform exceptionally well at your workplace. We are located in Benjamin way Belconnen. Our trainers provide quality education hands on skills to provide you the confidence to act swiftly during an emergency. Our teaching methodology helps the students understand the course easily and a chance to practice CPR in lab scenario.
Who is this course for?
The program is ideal for anyone working in an industry that may respond to an accident or injury. For example persons working in hospitality, construction, healthcare, childcare, job sites, offices, security, and those who want to gain knowledge and learn these lifesaving skills.
- Anyone with the current first aid certificate wishes to refresh their CPR knowledge and to extend their first aid certificate expiry. CPR training is useful for anyone specifically doctors, nurses, healthcare providers, police, sheriffs, fire-fighters, lifeguards, teachers, fitness instructors and people acting as first aid officers in their workplaces.
- Carrying out CPR is a skill that everyone should learn. Given the increase in the rate of cardiac arrests and the frequency with which they occur. You can save a loved one by performing CPR during an emergency.
There is no pre-requisite for this course and anyone can enrol CPR training. However, one should have strong communication skills as they are a demand for a cardiopulmonary resuscitation course. You need to be vigilant and should be able to verbally report the situation to the emergency response services and workplace supervisor correctly.
This course is based on classroom-based study and self-study. But, for a refresher course, no pre-study is required and the students who are opting for a CPR refresher course should bring their previous certificate with them.
It requires 2 to 3 hours of self-study which will give you a basic understanding of the course. You can also prepare questions beforehand to ask the teacher during the classroom-based session.
It requires 3 to 3.5 hours of classroom-based study. In this, you would be exposed to practical training, theory, and practical assessment.
After the completion of this course, you would be able to:
- Perform CPR correctly
- Report correct incident details to the authorities
- Assess the situation and recognize the need for CPR
- Minimize immediate health hazards
- Seek quick assistance from emergency response services
- Use Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- DRSABCD (Danger, Response, Send for help, Airway, Breathing, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation.)
Upon completing this training program, you will receive a Statement of Attainment (SOA) for the unit "HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation". Students will generally receive their SOA the next working day, from the completion of the course via email.
How to Enrol
Submit an expression of interest by contacting us through our website, email or phone. Once received, the process will be as follows:
- You will receive a confirmation of your enrolment via email or a phone call by our staff.
- You will be issued with learning materials for the course (Provide CPR manual and CPR workbook)
- You will be required to complete the pre-study by using the workbook in conjunction with the manual and answer each question in the corresponding section of the workbook.
- The completed workbook then needs to be returned to us prior to the commencement of the course or on the day of your attendance at the practical course components. Completion of the workbook is mandatory. You will not be permitted to attend the classroom training if the workbook is not completed.
- We will then assess you for CPR procedures skills, through demonstration and questioning to confirm essential knowledge in the classroom training. For assessment purposes, demonstration of skills in CPR procedures requires using a model of the human body (resuscitation manikin), in line with Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn in a CPR course?
This course will help you with teaching hands skills to perform a CPR at your home, workplace or anywhere else during an emergency. It is a skill that will help you save the lives of individuals around you. You will learn to assess and minimize health hazards before the paramedics arrive.
What are the job prospects after qualification?
Successful completion of this course will enhance your opportunities of working in as a first aid role at any workplace and community setting.
What does a cardiopulmonary resuscitation course offer?
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment in HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation will be issued to the participants.
What is my future as a CPR provider?
CPR is a lifesaving skill that anyone require to save someone life who may have cardiac arrest. Enrol now and be a reason for someone’s survival.